Custom Search

Monday, February 19, 2007

Philippines 2007 - part II

Beach#1 – Surfmaid resort in San Juan (San Juan is the surfing capital of Northern Ilocos – ata?!?!). The guy renting our house took us out to lunch (FOOD)…na libre na naman. Tsibug na naman. Hehehhe. We went to this new resort that was owned by some Danish guy. When we met him, mama recognized right away that he used to rent our house, too! Small world talaga.

After lunch, we got dropped off at Reveal salon where I spent 5 hours of more pampering. Tita Emily was getting impatient na coz we had a 630pm dinner party to go to at Mng Gidang’s place… and I didn’t get out of the salon til 730pm na…ooops! While at the salon, guess who comes out of her own massaging…si Tita Florie!!! Funny, we end up seeing each other pa dito sa Philippines. So we go to the party (FOOD AGAIN), endless eating, and after that, I told mama, “let’s go to plaza and try some of their hotcakes (MORE FOOD)” – ako pa na kagagaling from food poisoning!!! So Tita Emily, mama, and I dropped off the car at the house and went galavanting…kuno!

Beach#2 – Tita Florie invited us to check out her new beach house sa Bauang. Meron kasamang bahay kubo worth P30,000 = $600 USD. Ok no? Complete with lounge area, bedroom, and a small sink. We had morning merienda (FOOD!!!).

Beach#3 – Horizon’s View. After Tita Florie’s, we had lunch (sigh! More FOOD) at the Aquino’s. After lunch, because it was Valentine’s Day, lola gave us a surprise (sorry, only those present were concerned…should I say what the surprise is?). Well, just look at the picture. Then I pretty much spent it all when I went for my afternoon massage.

Beach#4 – Bali Hai. Again, I sort of held up everyone coz I was at the parlor. We had Valentine’s dinner (should I say more how much FOOD intake I’ve had since arriving in the Philippines?) with the Aquinos, Ortegas, mama and lola. Ngek! Doon pa naman nag-date sila Tito Andy and Tita Carmeling. Hahaha!!!

There’s a pattern here: Beach (I never actually set foot in the water), FOOD (which I had a lot of), and not enough pampering.

2 comments:

Michael de Leon said...

Those are funny coincidences. It wasn't Frank Hockenbrocht, was it? I once hit his car with a rock.

Celestine de Leon said...

no, it wasn't Frank "Brokenheart" - as Carlo would call him.

 
Custom Search