Custom Search

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Philippines 2007 – part I

1 luggage, 1 hand carry

I arrived 9 hours later direct from Sydney to Manila through PAL and seeing for the first time PAL’s “new” terminal. Pretty modern but used only by Philippine Airlines. Another portion of the airport is being built but has been halted due to politics…not surprising! Sayang!

Cousin Marc picked me up at the airport after about an hour of waiting. Sorry, Marc! Tagal kasi lumabas yung mga luggage. With one plane arriving, I can’t believe it took them so long to get all the luggages out. At least I had company talking to a few people including one of Andre Dulay’s friend who happened to be on the same flight as mine, which, unfortunately, was not able to meet up with the night before. Di bale, Andre. We’ll get a chance to see each other when we visit Melbourne. I’ll bring along LJ with me.

We only had a few minutes (actually, make that an hour – because of traffic) to go home and get changed, then meet up with the cousins in Greenbelt, Makati at Mr Rockefellers restaurant – specialty: OYSTERS!!! I also had some nachos, pasta, orange juice, at beef. Hay naku! Too much food! Pero sarap naman. Then we had dessert…halo halo na. Ice cream, cheesecake, etc.

The Espeletas drove me to the Lloren’s place at Verdana. Very nice house, tita Evelyn! Very beautiful garden, tito Oscar!!! I felt like I was at a hotel staying there. Breakfast was ready in the morning with bangus, salted eggs, and carabao mangoes. Sarap na naman!!! (I usually don’t eat breakfast, ha!)

Then we’re off to SFLU. On the way home, we stopped over at “Isdaan” restaurant in Gerona where we had more food and I had a drink of green mango juice. Yum yum!!! This is the place where you’ll also find the Filipino Elvis!!! Kaya mun? Walang patalo mga pinoy!!!

About two hours later, my tummy started to grumble. Ano kaya yun? Oh shit! I had the shits, man!!! Buti na lang, nakaabot pa kami sa Agoo for my second stop. Doon pa kami sa restaurant called ThaiKee (as in “tae” kee or “tae” ko sana). We were gonna stop at Jollibee’s but Tito Oscar said, “there’s too many people there.” Hahhahaa. Buti na lang. Then I pretty much vomited the rest of the food. Man, those laxative mangoes are dangerous (I’m staying out of mangoes for a while). It can’t be the oysters from last night coz everybody had some and nobody else got sick except for me. It must have been the green mango juice, maybe with ice from dirty water, and me not used to eating this much!!! Nabigla. Anyway, we were about less than one hour from reaching home. And we decided (including Dr Tito Andy Astom – naku, everyone was involved na) I’m going directly to Bethany hospital – I’m having food poisoning and was dehydrated. Next thing you know, I was being poked with an IV on my hand (which hurts sooo bad not to mention, I get really “weak” with needles. So what do I do…I cry like a baby!!!). They can’t get the IV right on my left hand. Because I was dehydrated, it kept collapsing. My left hand didn’t work. Hmmm, let’s try the right hand. OUCH!!!!!! Repeat: So what do I do…I cry like a baby!!! I was hoping mama would get to the hospital quickly coz she always says her hospital would always ask her to do IV coz she’s good at it. But too late!!! One more, one more…they had to check my blood. So I get another poking. Aray!!! Isa pa pala. Next day, they needed to get more of my blood so that’s another hole in my body. Ouch!!!

Ano ba yan? Nya met ten!!! Next day, the doctor said, “well, if you feel better, you can go home now if you want.” Heck yea!!! I’ve got three days left in SFLU. So we were out before noon, went home to grandma’s (lola) house. I was gonna go directly to the salon for my first installment of pampering but lola said to go home first. I haven’t even seen her and I’m already out galavanting especially just coming out of the hospital!!! Ay yah!!! Hahahha. Di ata pwede yan!!! Had lunch at home, took a nap, then I woke up with a fever! What the heck??? What about my haircut, shampoo, hair dye, waxing? Priorities, hello!?!?!? I took some Tylenol and mama and I were off to the salon (the heck with the fever, right? It went away anyway after taking the medicine but I was really pushing it). We get out of the salon in the city and we see our neighbor passing by. She asks me how I was, am I ok, blah blah blah. And I was thinking, this just happened less than 24 hours ago…how quickly did the neighbors find out about this.

No comments:

 
Custom Search