Custom Search

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Camel Farm

Did you know that Australia has about 1 million camels? Even middle eastern countries import camels from Australia. John Stuart (in which the Stuart Highway was named after), used camels to carry his things while he explored Australia. Camels can last about 3 weeks without water and if you've been to the outback, you'll know why camels would last better than horses.

From Alice Springs to Uluru, we passed by a camel farm. I've never tried riding on a camel so for $5 bucks, I went around the track. At the farm, they also sell camel burgers. I wanted to try it but I was already too full that morning.

How's this concept - what if I buy a camel burger and feed it to the camel???

And the hump? That's all fat!!!

No comments:

 
Custom Search