Custom Search

Sunday, August 06, 2006

July 2006 - continuation part 3

I'm so behind with my blog these days I'll try to keep this short and simple. Up to the end of July, it was soooo hectic for me. To continue:

July 20: I picked up mama and Tito Franc at the airport around 6:30am. We didn't get out until almost 8am. I was worried maybe they got stalled at the customs coz I knew they were bringing food (shhh!). What happened was they had oversized luggages (typical balikbayan boxes...if you don't know what they are, ask any filipino and they'll explain it to you). The boxes came out of a different carousel at the airport and so they were just waiting and waiting at their assigned carousel for the boxes to come out. So that made me think... when I arrived here, it happened to me, too! I waited for a while for my balikbayan box to come out. So FYI: if you come to the Sydney airport, any oversized luggage or oddly shaped luggages come out of a different carousel. Don't wait for it to come out of your plane's assigned carousel.

Today is also Basti's 2nd bday, my godson. Wow, Basti celebrating his bday in Sydney!!! Coming all the way from the Philippines!!! I had organized a bday lunch party for him today. Pastas and pizzas at Gioia restaurant on Norton St. Not too far away from our house. By this time, all the Alviar family has arrived and it was sort of a mini reunion for the de Leon and Ortega families. Also present was Ollie Ortega-Dacanay (the bride's cousin on the father side), Mg Boy (Michelle's former boss in the Philippines), and the Lynch family (the groom's sister, husband, and three kids). So it wasn't just an adult 2yr old party, we had 4 kids and 14 adults. Hehehhee.

After we were all stuffed, we managed to go to Sydney Uni (where we're having the wedding photos) and Sydney Opera House in the rain. By the time we got to the opera house, it was pouring hard. And we didn't have enough umbrellas!!! So we were forced to buy $12 umbrellas that broke within 30min. Cheapos!!! Mama and tita Emily went back to the store to complain (I don't know the whole story of what happened in the store but knowing mama and tita emily, I could imagine them yelling at the store owner for selling us expensive cheap umbrellas). Good for them, we got a new umbrella. Hahahahhaa. And if that didn't work, Teod (Katrina's husband) is a good lawyer!!! Hehehe. Silly but they had fun doing that!





















July 21: The eve of the wedding. It was still raining and we were all praying that the sun will come out on Saturday. Today was rest/easy day. Finalizing any errands. Michelle gave her last confession before she gets married. Tito Franc, mama, and I had dinner at Tita Terry's house at the Rocks. We couldn't stay any longer coz we had to get up at 330am to do make-ups and hair. We needed our beauty rest!

No comments:

 
Custom Search