Custom Search

Monday, July 10, 2006

Moving On!

July will be a busy month.

July 1: Michelle's last day at the house. She's moved to a new apartment in Ashfield and has moved 99% of her stuff to the new place. At the same time, Natasha and I signed our new lease for the house on Saturday morning while Michelle was taking the last of her stuff. Today was the day of moving. The plumber came during lunch time to check the leaks. Peta, our new roomie, started moving her stuff in that afternoon but not officially moving in until August (I'm claiming Michelle's room for all of July so my mom and uncle will have a place to stay when they arrive this month). Tash and I started preparing dinner for the friends who helped moved. Our new washer and dryer came at 5pm. And it was time for dinner with Tash, Peta, JC, Paul, Stephen, and Joe (by the way, I call Joe 'Superman' coz he has a very very tiny bit of a role in the new 'Superman Returns' movie. He was one of the paramedics that brought Superman to the hospital. I had to see the movie for many reasons including making sure Joe wasn't lying. His role was so fast I actually didn't see that it was really him, the paramedic. But there was a scene when they showed the people by the glass door looking in to see Superman in the ER. And all of a sudden, Joe's head popped out - I think that was him! Another reason I wanted to see this movie was because parts of it was filmed in Sydney particularly on the street where I work. And I did see the corner of Hunter St and O'Connell St and the Radisson Hotel next to our building. I noticed the logo (ACE) of one of the cafes at the corner. But it was really quick.

July 2: Everybody seems to be moving on. We picked up LJ at the airport flying in from the Philippines to permanently move here. Now, LJ has to look for a job in audit. Anyone out there who can help him find a job with the big 4? Contact me and I'll let LJ know. It was good to see LJ and had fun talking to him. With him, he brought the bridesmaid dresses we had gotten made in the Philippines. Measurements from about three months ago. Thank goodness they still fit! I have to make sure now that I don't lose or gain any weight...I've been eating a lot this past few days. Maybe because the weather's been cold. And I don't even exercise anymore. Uh oh! Hope my face won't be too round in the wedding pictures. Oh well! I'm not the center of attention anyway, Michelle is! Yay!!!!! That afternoon, I still had some time to go watch a movie. Guess which one it is? "Superman Returns"

July 7-9: I stayed over at Michelle's apartment on Friday and Saturday night to spend time with the Ortega cousins. Lots of reminiscing, laughing, helping LJ look for a job, cleaning up at the apartment. On Sunday, LJ wanted to do the ferries so we went to Circular Quay and took advantage of our weekly Red ticket. LJ, you asked for it! So we took the ferry to Luna Park (a little amusement park just below the Harbour bridge). It was actually my first time going there. The rides were mostly for kids. But the place reminds me of a version of the Santa Cruz boardwalk...at a very small scale. After that, we took the ferry to Watson's Bay and had coffee there. Came back to Circular Quay and caught the ferry to Darling Harbour for dinner. Now, that was a lot of ferrying to do, LJ. That was fun though with a nice view at night.

More to come:
July 11: Michelle and I will be going to see the dress...the wedding dress...for her fitting.
July 14: The Ortegas arrive from the Philippines
July 15: Church rehearsal with the bridal party
July 19: Picking up the rental car. Will be my first time driving since I moved here. Not to mention, driving on the "wrong" side of the road.
July 20: Picking up mama and tito Franc
July 20: Basti's 2nd bday party
July 22: Michelle & Andrew's Wedding Day!!! Yipppeeee!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Custom Search