Custom Search

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

July 2006 - continuation part deux

July 15: Wedding rehearsal. It was raining. The church was freezing...as usual. Steven, the best man, was absent again. Absent during the engagement party. Couldn't make it to the food tasting. Steven, just make sure you show up on the wedding day!!! We only did one round of rehearsing and I don't even think the coordinator and the priest knew what they were doing. They didn't even have chairs for the bride and groom to sit on during the mass. I think they kindda just made up the whole rehearsing as we went along. Well, this church doesn't really celebrate weddings all the time...probably like once a year (maybe because its freezing in there or to be serious, the masses there are in latin so normal mass takes about 1.5hrs. This wedding will take about 2hrs). We got LJ to maybe bring a heater and place it near where we sit. Shhh!!! Don't tell Michelle. We got LJ to maybe bring some stash of food and drinks to when we go for picture taking at Sydney Uni. Coz food probably won't get served until 12:30pm to 1pm at the reception and we'll be starving then.

July 16: I met up with my friend, JC, to have lunch at Bondi Junction Mall. I was picking up some sheets and comforter to borrow from him to use for my mom and uncle. Luckily, he was needing more sheets for himself so he bought new ones for me to borrow. Thanks, JC!!! By the way, the Bondi Junction mall is sort of like a high end mall. Michelle, I think you'll like this mall...I know you'll look for it when you visit here some time. Its on the way to Bondi beach, too! First timer but I didn't have a chance to walk around. I had more errands and cleaning up to do before mama arrives...you know mama!!!

July 18: The maid of honor met up with the bride in the city to pick up the wedding dress during my lunch time. Everything is set. Had lunch with the bride after then picked up the missals at FedEx Kinko's. (By the way, is that what it's called now in the US...FedEx Kinko's?) Got a taxi cab and sent her off while I went back to work...two hours later. Oh heck! The boss is in the US anyway. ;-)

July 19: My last day of work before I go on vacation. Yippeeee!!! I went to pick up the rental car at nobirds (http://nobirds.com.au/ - cheap rental cars located at Kings Cross). My first time driving since I moved here...not to mention driving on the other side of the road. I was actually more excited than scared. My only fear was driving on the wrong side of the road. I can't believe how much I miss driving. Oh yea. The signal lights were located on the right side and the wipers on the left. It was raining today so I kept messing up my signal lights and wipers. That was fun!!! I only got a couple of honks so I think I did well. Hahahhaa. Most importantly, I got home safe without any scratches.

2 comments:

Miki said...

Wow! Driving on the right side and in a different country sounds like a lot of fun. We're thinking of having Mike drive when we're in Italy, but I think it's still on the left side. We'll have to rent a car whenever we visit you (and the high end mall...=P).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Custom Search