Custom Search

Saturday, February 04, 2006

My 2xth Birthday

After Australia Day, which was a Thurs, supposedly I was gonna go back to work on Friday but my boss asked me if I wanted to stay home. Well, OK then! I got a 4-day weekend out of it! I'm glad I did because after kayaking and bushwalking, my whole body was sore. Friday was a good day to relax and enjoy my last day before I turn 2x years old. That day, I went to watch "Brokeback Mountain" (by the way, I saw Charlize Theron one day in the city for her movie premiere of the movie "North Country). After the movie, I went to the Sydney Opera house forecourt to watch the men's semis of the Australian Open (Roger Federer def Nicolas Kiefer). The tennis open is played in Melbourne but the opera house has set up a big screen TV for the public.

The weekend is here and that means its my bday and its Chinese New Year (year of the dog). Victoria, happy birthday to you, too!!! My twin birthday girl! To appropriately celebrate it, we went for yum cha/dim sum for lunch. At night, we went to the Domain to watch a free opera at the park. The opera this year was 'Madame Butterfly'.

And that's how I celebrated my first bday in Australia. At least I didn't get carded this time...not that I went drinking anyway. Last year in Seattle, I got carded on the day of my bday while my coworkers Cheryl and Amin, who were only 23 and 24 that time, got in without any problems! Good times, good times!!!

No comments:

 
Custom Search