Custom Search

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Back to Reality

Life was sweet for about 6 weeks from the time I left my firm at Hood&Strong, a week in Hawaii, and some free time to roam around Sydney. But eventually, things had to come back to normal (that's why I haven't updated my blog for a week). I started my new job at Verisign - Australia on Monday, Nov 7th.

So what did I do to celebrate the remaining days of my so-called- life- is- sweet- I've- got- too- much- time- on- my- hands free days? Nothing really! I was supposed to go to Brisbane with my friend, Amin, but of course, I had to stay for that fateful 2nd interview with Verisign that got me the job. Friday night, Andrew had some friends visiting from Germany. They came over to the house and we all had dinner at a Thai restaurant just around the corner.

Saturday was more of a laid back day. Just resting before the big day on Monday while Natasha was preparing for her trek in Nepal at Machupuchre.

Sunday, Michelle and I took the train to Milson's Point and walked back across the Harbor Bridge to the Rocks.









Monday is the big day. I arrived in the office even before the controller came in. Pretty much the whole day I was trying to memorize everyone's name (I finally got it by the end of the week!), doing some admin paperworks, and started training. Not bad at all. Knowing what the company does, there's lots of room for growth and success in this company... especially working for the AsiaPacific division (ie. China). My office is less than a block away from cousin Michelle's office. So this week, I've met up with her twice for lunch already. One day was 'Welcome, Celestine' lunch...but they forgot me on the email invitation. Another thing I like about this job is the business casual dress code and Friday jeans are ok. No suits...and my boss doesn't want me to wear suits anyway.

Tuesday, Amin was back from his trip to Brisbane. Had dinner along Circular Quay and walked along the harbor and at the Rocks. Wednesday night, the whole gang (Me, Michelle, Andrew, Natasha and Amin) went to Balmain to celebrate Amin's last night in Aussieland. Thanks for dinner, Amin! After dinner, we checked out the wharf at Balmain overlooking Sydney Harbor bridge and the city. Great view...especially living in those million dollar homes!!!

Thursday, another dinner out...I guess this seems pretty normal because we used to eat out alot back home (except that they don't have In-N-Out burger over here!!!). But on Thursday, we went to a $5 steak restaurant called the "Slip Inn" along Sussex St and King St. This restaurant is a special one because back in 2000 during the Sydney Olympics, the Crown Prince of Denmark (Prince Fredrick) met his wife-to-be, Mary, a commoner. She is now a princess! Maybe I should hang out there more often and maybe I'll find my prince charming. The food was great and its cheap. What makes it cheap is the beer they sell all night. Well, we were there for the food...not the beer. We're in for any cheap deals! So lugi sila sa amin.

Saturday, we went bowling at Randwick. Not one of us got even close to making 100 points...well, its been years since we all played bowling. Oh well. Warm up for a bowling get together we're planning for next time. After that, we went to Coogee beach, another nice beach you will find in Sydney.

Andrew bought a badminton set for our backyard. After the beach, we set it up at the backyard. You think its pretty easy but it could be a good work out especially running after the birdie (called the "shuttlecock") and always having to pick it up if you're on the loosing side of the net.

No comments:

 
Custom Search