Custom Search

Friday, September 26, 2008

Relative State

My cousin LJ had a gig with his band, "Relative State", at the Cat & Fiddle in Balmain. They usually play at the "Basement" in Blacktown, all the way in woop woop! (Blacktown is Filipino town). We've gone a couple of times all the way there and finally, they have come closer to the city, in Balmain. Sounds like they are moving up!

LJ used to have a band in the Philippines (Mush Carnival) and they were even featured on MTV Asia. How cool is that? At one of their gigs here (at Sydney University), they opened for a famous singer from the Philippines (sorry, I'm not up to date on who that famous person would be). But that's good publicity for them.

And here's another cool story:

There is this Spanish looking guy at work and when I finally met him during one of our drinks at a pub near the office, he said, "O! Kamusta?" Nobody in the office would have guessed he's Filipino coz he looks meztiso. Anyway, after talking to him, I found out that he used to be a drummer for a very famous band, Razorback, in the Philippines. Wow, I work with this guy. I told LJ about it and he told me that, yes, he does know him (Miguel Ortigas). LJ used to record at one of Razorback's recording studio. But LJ said there was another band similar to the Razorbacks that he liked better than them. Here's another twist. Miguel told me his wife worked for this company in North Sydney and it happened to be the same company as my friend's. So I immediately text my friend and she did worked with her. What's so funny was when she received my text message, she was on the same elevator as her. What a small world!!!

No comments:

 
Custom Search