Custom Search

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sample Sale

My new company (I can't seem to spell it out here because the last time I posted about my new job, someone at work searched for the company and my blog showed up. So I had to kill that blog posting. I wouldn't want my coworkers knowing all my stories). Anyway, my new company, being a clothing company, had a sample sale one Friday. The labels we have (there's two of them...damn, I can't say it on here) are pretty high end, with textiles coming from Europe. Normally, a shirt that would cost $130 AUD was being sold for $20. Pants over $100 were also $20. Jackets for $200 were being sold for $50. But of course, since they are samples, you have to be careful what you pick. My coworker almost bought a blouse that was cut at the back or pants that had a big hole on its leg. It was fun but hard to shop and not being able to try it on.

So I got my employee card last week which entitles me to a 35% discount on our clothes. I tried it that same day and went to MYER in the city. After trying on a few things, I was ready to pay...but was totally rejected. The sales lady told me I had to go to a freestanding store to be able to use my employee card. I told our State Manager that if QVB was not an option for me, I would not have bought the stuff. I was trying to help improve our sales!!! Eventually, I did get the stuff I wanted but was given a bit of a hard time. It was an experience!

No comments:

 
Custom Search