Custom Search

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Celestine Coming to America

9 days after Posh's coming to America, it was my turn. July 21st, the day "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" arrived...9:01am in Sydney. My departure time was 11:45am and had to be at the airport at least 3hrs beforehand. I got to the airport at about 9am, checked-in, and the first thing I did was look for a newsagent and buy the last of the 7-series book. Thank goodness, I found one. I would have ended up reading the so-far boring Bram Stoker's "Dracula" while on the plane.

I got to the terminal and started reading the book. Next time I looked up, I saw people around me reading Harry Potter. I arrived in New Zealand for my stopover, looked around the terminal and people were reading Harry Potter. I arrive in LAX and kids were walking around holding the Harry Potter book. What a phenomenom! Of the 16hour flight from Sydney to California, I was only half way through the book. My cousin finished it in 20 hours over the weekend.

Shhh...don't tell me how the story ends.

So what now? What now after HP? There's nothing else to look forward to. Any books you'd recommend?

No comments:

 
Custom Search