Custom Search

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Pinoy Mass

I attended, for the first time in Australia, a filipino mass all the way in Blacktown (St Michael's which holds a filipino mass every 4th Sunday of the month). Its the second biggest gathering of filipinos I've seen since the Manny Paquiao boxing match back in November. Most of the mass was told in Tagalog and made me realize that growing up, I rarely went to Filipino masses. That's why I could hardly respond in Tagalog during the mass.

After the mass, we went to a Filipino buffet restaurant where they served pancit, tinola, adobo, we had some crispy pata on the side...as usual, the food was greasy!!! And they served some fries (pinoy??? more of a filler). To supplement that, we bought some puto and pandesal (all for just $4 - cheap, huh?). I don't know when I'll be back in Blacktown but I always end up buying some cheap filipino food over there.

No comments:

 
Custom Search