Custom Search

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Newcastle

I didn't think I was going back to Newcastle so soon after I blogged about it not having too many things to do. But so be it. I actually went there for a babyshower...surprisingly, babyshower with lots of booze served. That's how babies are made in the first place, right? Oh, don't you worry. I've got nothing to do with all that. Just a few sips is enough for me.

On the paper, they mentioned about the finals of a surfing competition. So we checked out the Toyota Maitland International Surfest Competition by Merewether Beach. I guess its pretty big coz Kelly Slater was the champion a couple of years ago (he's pretty much the only surfer I know coz he was on the TV show 'Baywatch'). Sort of disappointed...waves were too small. It was cold. No Kelly Slater.

I've got this video, though. This one's for you, Brad Pitt!!! Surf's UP!




P.S. FYI - Sydneysiders is to Sydney as Novocastrians is to Newcastle

No comments:

 
Custom Search