Custom Search

Monday, September 25, 2006

Wollongong

I had previously started a blog entry for Wollongong and it just disappeared. I thought I had saved a draft...it was a good effort, too. Arghhh!!!

Anyways, on a nice spring Saturday, we (LJ, JC, and I) drove down south of Sydney to get out of the city. First stop, Stanwell Top/Park. We kindda got lost but we found this nice hotel/retreat called Tumbling Waters retreat (http://www.tumblingwatersretreat.com/) by the mountains. If you want to have a nice and quiet weekend, not to mention a great view of the pacific ocean...here's the place. From there, we saw the lookout we were looking for...a great view of the pacific ocean where people go for hang gliding...and for this day, a group of Jaguar owners (old, new, classic cars) getting together and enjoying the nice sunny day. LJ was wearing the wrong shirt this day...red shirt with a Ferrari logo.








Next stop, we drove further down to Bulli Beach. Just another beach in this country of beaches! Ruby's for lunch...great, huge burgers!!! Driving around near the beaches and lookouts, you'll see a lot of signs such as no hang gliding, no golfing, no horsing around, etc.
We passed by this typical Aussie surfer dude who was selling his golf clubs and surf boards...must be one of the people banned from golf. By the way, while I'm at this subject, the next day, I went to the Olympic Park at Homebush and went to hit some golf balls. Too bad I couldn't post the video of me taking some shots. If you know how I could post videos in this blog, let me know.

How about the sign above and the next picture:
We then drove up to some mountain (Mt K...something) and had a good view of the city of Wollongong...I think that's Wollongong. And downtown, you'll get to see this postcard perfect picture of a lighthouse and some girls who dare swim in dangerous waters...watch out for those stingrays...I hear they kill people (just kidding...I wouldn't think there would be any in those waters anyway).


















Last stop, Nan Tiem temple in Wollongong. I almost got my head chopped off:

This is the largest Buddhist temple in the Southern Hemisphere (that's LJ, by the way, in the middle of the picture).

That was a lot in one day. We could have gone further south to Kiama and Gerringong...but I guess, some other time.

1 comment:

Michael de Leon said...

he he he. that guy with the axe is funny

 
Custom Search